Reading Around Europe
This post is WAY more important than packs, budget or accommodation.
After much research, I have worked out my reading list for my trip. The criteria?
All books must be:
- Available on Kindle; and (this is the most important)
- Based in the regions we are visiting.
So here's the list:
- Safe as Houses by Simone van der Vlugt
- The Fault in our Stars by John Green
- The Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank
- The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux - I meant to download The Hunchback of Notre Dame but what the hey
- A Year in Provence by Peter Mayle
- Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman
- The Hound of the Baskervilles by Arthur Conan Doyle
- Three Men and a Boat by Jerome K Jerome
- A Midsummer Nights Dream by William Shakespeare ( and maybe his sonnets)
- Christopher Hitchens and His Critics by Simon Cottee, Thomas Cushman and Christopher Hitchens
- The Book of Liverpool by assorted writers
- Ender's Shadow by Orson Scott Card
A very diverse list! Should keep me going for a while, provided I have access to the kindle (and it's not appropriated by some other member of my family).
I created the list using these websites:
Books Set In.... - a list of books set in a variety of countries, with a search function and links to amazon
Goodreads - particularly a great group, called Around the World in 80 Days
and - general knowledge.
Let's see how I go!
|Image from Free World Maps|